Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ten Favorites (or Five Favorites take two times two)

Well, I missed a day... So we'll just call this two (or three) posts in one! 

Thanks to MoxieWife (http://moxiewife.com/2014/02/five-favorites-vol-48/.html) and housewifespice (http://www.housewifespice.com/2014/02/wwrw-best-books-about-new-babies.html?m=1) for hosting the link-ups!

Five Favorite Qualities of My Husband



-1-
Patience
Bryant has an unending store of patience for me. Enough for the both of us, as I have less than plenty for myself. But, even when I ask him how he puts up with me, he tells me it's never "putting up." Aw , so sweet!

-2-
His strong desire to do what's best for our family
I don't know that I need to add much to this one; it's pretty self-explanatory.

-3-
His passion for sports
Whaaaaat? Okay, I have to be honest: this one is misleading. I'm glad his passion is watching sports teams and not video games or gambling or any other number of much more relationship-damaging options. 
Although his enthusiasm and the loyalty he gives to his teams are reassuringly transferable!

-4-
His fun-loving heart
Bryant is always ready for a joke or a game of cards. ...I could do without a little of the competitiveness, but overall, he's a fun guy to be around!

-5-
His centered-ness on the Faith
While we can always do better on praying together, I always know we're coming from the same basic place in moral and theological (and most other) discussions. It makes things SO much easier that he trusts and is knowledgable about the Church's teachings. I wouldn't have the leader of my family any other way!

Which leads me to Part Two of this post: What We're Reading Wednesday!


I've started this book a few times already, but I'm going to use it for a Lenten meditation this year. Hopefully I'll make it through! The Power of a Praying Wife is part of Stormie Omartian's series, including The Power of a Praying Husband and The Power of a Praying Parent. Each chapter introduces one way you can pray for your spouse (his reputation, his health, his finances), and then explain why and how you would want to do that. It's a really great gift for a new bride! (And I assume new husband and parent.)

Now here's the fun part. Josh heard about the Five Favorites link-up, and he wanted in on it! So without further ado, Joshua's Five Favorites. 

-1-
The "nummies"

-2-
Being naked

-3-
Knocking over towers of tissue boxes

-4- 
Throwing balls at who-knows-what

-5-
Eating things off the floor 

My son, ladies and gentlemen. 

1 comment:

  1. Kids favourites... that could be a whole new link up!! It sounds like God has blessed you with a very wonderful husband!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete